Ultimate versatile daysailer for leisure or race.
Row, sail, or motor. The Laser Bahia was designed with stability, safety and performance in mind. It was created for leisure and ease of use, but not at the expense of performance. Stability and sturdy hull design make it easy to motor or row. The Laser Bahia comes with a single line reefable mainsail for added sailing comfort in a breeze.
- Safety: With a stable and spacious cockpit, the Laser Bahia features clutter-free space for up to five adults. Inboard seats and controllable power allow the sailor to feel safe and secure throughout the ride. Should you capsize, the Laser Bahia is slow to invert, easy to right and re-board. When you add the mast head flotation, the boat sits smartly on top of the water so even a small person can right it with ease.
- Simplicity: Jo Richards has designed another boat that follows the well-balanced and hugely successful Laser Vago and Pico. Jo has taken that success to design the ideal family boat. The extra high boom and gnav system leave the cockpit simple and efficient for new sailors. The furling jib and single line reefing system also makes it easy to reduce sail area if the breeze picks up.
- Performance: The light hull and large gennaker allow the Laser Bahia to fly across the water. Add the trapeze option and you take the boat to the next level.
- More than just a sailboat: The multifunctional Laser Bahia can be sailed, rowed or motored. The stability and sturdy design of the hull make it a breeze to motor or row if the wind lays low. Also, you can add the stern storage box to store the engine or take goodies for a day trip.
- Single line reefable main for added sailing comfort when the breeze picks up
- Rotomolded 3-layer superior linear polyethylene hull
Download an information sheet of theLaser Bahia’s features and specifications.
There are two options available, the Standard or the Race.
- Jo Richards’ innovative design and multi-functional concept pushes the boundaries of small boat sailing for the next generation.
- Interchangeable horsepower allows sailors to be graceful in a breeze while building excitement, confidence and
- Sail combinations allow for both leisure and performance sailings
- A reefing mainsail is included.
- The standard mainsail operates on a one line reefing system. Pulling on one control line slab reefs the mainsail to 70% of its original size. This feature, coupled with a roller furling jib means a quick increase or decrease in sail power.
Laser Vago Race
- By simply changing the sails, the Vago Race offers more sail area and a trapeze, allowing for that white knuckle ride
- The gnav vang system creates more space in the cockpit to assist crew mobility and comfort enhancing that “sit in” feel.
- The cockpit design also supports hiking and trapeze options with inset steps for easy leverage.
- The high boom gives more crew space and a simple layout with control lines that are easy to locate and use.
- High power mylar sail.
- The Vago Race is a recent winner of Sailing World’s prestigious One-Design Dinghy of The Year award.
ColorThe Laser Bahia has an ice blue hull and deck, gray sail and red spinnaker.
Laser Bahia: $9,850 USD