The world’s most exciting sailboat
Julian Bethwaite’s brainchild combines a strict one-design with lightweight, high-tech construction. The 49er is a premier Olympic class sailing skiff, built for extreme speed and is now available to all. Expect to pick-up serious knots for an incredible sailing experience. With a strong International class organization in place, the 49er is a regular at events around the world.
- The ram vang, pushing down on the boom, saves the mast from inverting and creates space forward under the boom.
- A high boom allows an easy run from wing to wing in the tacks and gibes.
- A solid wing makes for easy moving around the boat.
- Wings slide inboard for storage and trailering.
- The self-tacking jib runs on a curved traveler spanning the deck in front of the mast.
- Pulling the halyard extends the carbon fiber spinnaker pole, pulls the tack and hoists the spinnaker.
- Pulling the other end releases the halyard, pulls the spinnaker into its chute and retracts the pole.
- Plexus, a tough Methacrylate adhesive, bonds the spinnaker throat to deck.
Download a pdf version of the49er’s features and specifications.
- Download a pdf version of the49er’s features and specifications.
Please contact us for pricing on the 49er at 1-800-966-SAIL or
Laser Race: $5,980 USD
Laser XD: $6,460 USD