Active gennaker racing series for all.
Celebrating more than a decade, the Laser 2000 has proved itself as both a club racer and family cruiser. It is a lovely and forgiving boat that provides exhilarating gennaker sailing for both novice and advanced sailors.
Its easy to reef mainsail, furling jib and storage boxes make it an ideal family cruising boat, while the easy to hoist and drop gennaker, and easy to adjust vang and cunningham make it great for racing. This boat truly provides the best of both worlds.
- Large active Class Association provides class racing, cruising and training.
- Single line hoist gennaker system allows easy gennaker launching.
- Furling jib easily rolls away and encased furling mechanism prevents gennaker from snagging.
- Mylar mainsail with a reefing point helps crew easily de-power the sail in strong weather conditions.
- High boom provides plenty of headroom for the crew.
- Self-draining cockpit keeps crew dry and drains quickly if boat capsizes.
- Dry storage compartments keep small items from getting wet.
- Maxaerofoil rudder for positive handling and control.
- Kicking strap and cunningham lines feed to either side of the cockpit for easy adjustment when sailing single-handed or with a beginner crew.
- Deep cockpit for a comfortable sit-in feel, with enough room for 1-4 people.
- Body-contoured side decks provide comfortable seating positions for the crew.
- Flared hull deflects any spray away from the crew for a drier ride.
- Padded hiking straps for comfort when hiking.
- Auto-ratchet blocks on gennaker and mainsheet automatically switch on or off depending on the wind’s strength.
- Lightweight foam sandwich hull construction provides superb rigidity at a fraction of the weight of other hull materials or construction methods.
- Available trapeze option for alternative activity.
Download an information sheet of theLaser 2000’s features and specifications.
Tecrothene A122: Tough and durable, a materials technology breakthrough.
Tecrothene A122 is a new generation Metalocene that provides high structural uniformity and consistency, immense stiffness and exceptional impact strength. A linear high density UV stabilized compound molded into a stress-free homogeneous single skin molding that is:
- Exceptionally strong
- Superbly stiff
- Easy to repair
- Highly resistant to scratching/impact damage
- Durable, stable, easy to rig, easy to sail
Laser 2000: $11,500 USD