Double-handed one-design boat of the future
Bob Ames designed an exciting double-handed, one-design sailboat with high speed fun in a simple, durable, lightweight package. It’s the ideal boat for your local yacht club fleet, international caliber team racing, or family leisure. The V15 is lighter, tougher, easier to transport, and more fun than any other boat in its class.
Fantastic local, regional and national racing is readily available. You may find yourself on the line next to a husband and wife team or the next Olympic hopeful.
The V15 Class Association sanctions hundreds of events all over the world. From family-oriented “Great Escape” weekends to a regional and national level racing circuit, everyone can participate. Tight one-design class rules have been developed to ensure that the V15 will remain simple and competitive for many years to come.
- Jib leads recessed to eliminate body and gear chafing on hardware.
- All Harken blocks.
- Beveled rails fit the curve of your legs.
- Mainsheet bridle for centerline sheeting without the use of a traveler.
- Wide-aft hull for maximum downwind stability; topside flair provides static stability; revolutionary shape allows planning upwind in 12 knots.
- Molded fiberglass kick-up rudder.
- Self-bailing cockpit.
- Strong, proven spreader bracket.
Download an information sheet of the V15’s features and specifications.
- Download an information sheet of the V15’s features and specifications.
ColorThe Vanguard 15 has a Vela gray hull with blue topsides.
Parts + Access
Hull and deck: Shape is tank-tested to plane easily in moderate air while effortlessly carrying a wide range of crew weights. Made of hand-laid, vacuum-bagged, fibreglass sandwich construction for a light and durable structure.
Stern: Wide and flat to provide unmatched stability and control in all wind and sea conditions.
Sails: Standardized one-design North Sails made durable with medium tempered 5 oz. Dacron cloth.
Mast: Non-tapered, one-piece mast with external halyards is virtually indestructible.
Rig: Custom-designed heavy-duty rigging including oversized shroud adjusters and pins.
Daggerboard: Efficiently opens-up cockpit and eliminates gaskets.
Vanguard 15: $7,495 USD