Genesis G2 Light Open RIB
GENESIS G2 LIGHT OPEN RIB
INTRODUCING THE NEXT GENERATION OF RIBS, GENESIS G2.
Comfort and Practicality all in one Package.
For those most concerned with weight and portability, our lightest hull RIB also folds and stores easily. Quick to plane, super durable and easy to store, the Genesis Light also comes with a cup holder and a small storage compartment in the seat for valuables. A smart choice for those who just need the basics.
For 2015 Genesis is all new. The feature loaded Genesis 2nd Generation G2 RIB combines a hull that is durable and easy to maintain with superior features and plenty of space for cargo and crew. Boasting innovative features such as Wheels in the Hull™ for maneuvering on land, a tapering tube design that offers a wider bow area and more interior space, and a tube rocker that makes for a drier ride, it’s no wonder Genesis has been turning heads around the world.
Genesis also keeps you dryer than any other RIB in its class. The combination of a wide bow design and the curved V-hull keeps water down at the bow and not up in your face while at speed. The non-skid floor on a Genesis drains at all points to a bilge so there is never any water at your feet, keeping you and your belongings dry.
The new G2 version has tons of upgrades above and below the surface. The transom is anodized aluminum to be light weight, incredibly strong and avoid any corrosion. Tube construction is further improved through improved transom point reinforcement, a new removable tube seal system and a thicker and sturdier rub rail. With so many upgrades comes a new look and color so the most advanced small RIB on the market looks even better.
Available in German Made Heytex PVC or ORCA CSM.
270 Genesis Light PVC $3039 310 Genesis Light PVC $3290
270 Genesis Light CSM $3845 310 Genesis Light CSM $4330
* Dealer may sell for less.
Download Our Technical Drawings
Chock & Davit Information
Boat Seating Recomendation
Standard Features & Components
- Extruded aluminum folding transom
- Lightweight Rubrail
- 3 Custom carrying handles & 4 webbing handles
- Trim tabs house 2 Wheels in the Hull™
- Stowable oars
- Lightweight HIMC molded seat with integrated cup holder & storage compartment
- 3 Integrated davit lifting points
- Fuel tank recess
- Removable non-skid floor with drainage slots
- Bilge area for drainage
- Drain Plug
Injection Molded for a Better Hull
Genesis RIBs are manufactured using the state-of-the-art injection molds, which enable the highest level of finishing and accuracy, providing detail features not possible with other manufacturing processes. High Impact Marine Composite (HIMC) resin is injected into the 82-ton steel mold with over 8,000 tons of clamp force. The result is a superior one-piece hull that is UV protected, lightweight, extremely durable and backed by an unprecedented 10-year hull warranty. No other hull can compare. What’s more, this type of manufacturing process is entirely environmentally friendly and 100% recyclable. More than just a smart choice, this is a boat you can feel good about owning.
Replaceable Tube Design
With a hull that will virtually last forever, Genesis is the first RIB of its size, which offers you the option to replace your tube. The hardwearing Genesis hull features a removable tube design, offering ease of maintenance or future tube replacement. Finally, a boat for life.
Walker Bay is one of the only inflatable boat manufacturers in the world to offer a choice in fabric options: ORCA CSM or German Heytex Welded PVC. Built to last, both fabrics offer durable seams using a 3 layer process with all seams internally and externally butted for maximum reliability.
If price isn’t a concern, ORCA CSM is an excellent choice for warmer climates or the avid boater. Casual boaters or those who live in milder climates can reap the economical benefits of a PVC boat. Regardless of your choice, a boat cover is strongly recommended as it will protect your tube and prolong the lifespan of your boat.
- DescriptionLight Open RIBLight Open RIB
- Overall Length (cm / feet)270 cm / 8′ 10″310 cm / 10′ 2″
- Beam (cm / feet)162 cm / 64″165 cm / 65″
- Inside Beam (cm / feet)76 cm / 30″76 cm / 30″
- Tube Diameter (cm / feet)43 cm / 17″43 cm / 17″
- Total Weight (kg / lbs)50 / 11057 / 126
- Airtight Compartments33
- Tube MaterialHeytex PVC or ORCA CSMHeytex PVC or ORCA CSM
- Maximum Payload (kg / lbs)520 / 1144620 / 1364
- Outboard Data
- Short ShaftYesYes
- Recommended Power1010
- Max. Power1015
- Max. Speed (Knots)19KT22KT
- Max. Motor Weight (kg / lbs)55 / 12055 / 120
- Storage Dimensions
- Length (cm / feet)200 cm / 6′ 6″250 cm / 8′
- Width (cm / feet)100 cm / 3′ 3″1100 cm / 3′ 3″
- Height (cm / feet)35 cm / 1′ 1″ 35 cm / 1′ 1″
All Dimensions & Weights indicated have a tolerance of plus or minus 3% and 5% respectively. Weights as measured for lifting purposes, do not include removable seat and oars
Designed around four-stroke motors, Genesis has exceptional maneuverability and handling. With its Deep V-Hull Design and High Impact Marine Composite (HIMC) construction, Genesis is able to cut through rough water while absorbing vibration for an incredibly smooth ride. Dynamic hull channels direct water flow to improve cornering performance at high speeds. These channels, combined with the integrated trim tabs, direct water flow downwards at the stern. This forces the bow down, which helps facilitate earlier planing. The Genesis Console adds further performance by moving weight forward in the boat and allowing for larger horsepower motors. The result is a faster, smoother running boat, which is quicker up on a plane. When it comes to performance, nothing can compare to Genesis.
V-Hull cuts through rough chop.
HIMC Hull absorbs vibration for a smoother ride.
Trim Tabs level boat at planing speeds for a more solid, stable ride.
Trim Tabs direct water flow downwards at the stern, which helps facilitate earlier planing.
V-Lift™ directs water flow higher on the engine propeller resulting in more lift.
Aluminum Transom is stiffer and lighter than fiberglass transferring more energy from the motor
into forward thrust.
V-Lift™ reduces cavitation while cornering at high speeds by directing water higher on the engine propeller.
Dynamic Hull Channels direct water flow to improve cornering performance at high speeds.
The Walker Bay Solution: Cruising World
- Publication:Cruising World
- Published:Apr 2006
- Document:Cruising World-Genesis-Apr06.pdf
Genesis 270 FTD Review: Boating Magazine
- Publication:Boating Magazine
- Published:Apr 2007
One Rubber Boat is NOT the Same as All the Others: Power Cruising Magazine
- Publication:Power Cruising Magazine
- Published:Dec 2006
- Document:Genesis RIB Review
- Power Cruising-Genesis-Dec06.pdf
Genesis 310 Test & Review: Boats and Places Magazine
- Publication:Boats and Places Magazine
- Published:Jan 2007
- Document:BnP-Genesis-Jan 07.pdf
PowerShopper: Boating Magazine
- Publication:Boating Magazine
- Published:Mar 2008
- Published:Genesis RIB Review
Walker Bay Extends Hull Warranty to 10 Years!: Sea Magazine
- Publication:Sea Magazine
- Published:Mar 2007
- Document:Sea-10yr Warranty-Mar 07.pdf
Righteous RIB: Power & Motoryacht
- Publication:Power & Motoryacht
- Published:Dec 2006
- Document:Power & Motoryacht-Genesis-Dec06.pdf
A Good Boat Better: Blue Water Sailing
- Publication:Blue Water Sailing
- Published:Dec 2005
Something for a Small Space: The Yacht Report
- Publication:The Yacht Report
- Published:Jan 2008
340 Center Console RIB: My Boats Gear.com
- Publication:My Boats Gear.com
- Published:Dec 2008
- Document:Genesis_340_Center_Console RIB.pdf
Genesis Console RIB Review: Great Lakes Boating
- Publication:Great Lakes Boating
- Published:Apr 2008
- Document:GLB_Genesis_Console April 08.pdf
Folding Transom RIBs: Practical Sailor/h3>
- Publication:Practical Sailor
- Published:Oct 2008
- Document:Genesis 310 Test and Review
- Practical Sailor-Genesis-Oct08.pdf
Genesis Console RIB: Sea
- Published:Jul 2008
- Document:Sea_Genesis_Jul 08.pdf
Editors Choice – Genesis Console RIB: Pacific Yachting
- Publication:Pacific Yachting
- Published:May 2008
- Document:PY- Genesis Console-May 08.pdf
Small Dinks Make Big Waves: Motor Boating
- Publication:Motor Boating
- Published:Mar 2006
- Document:Motor Boating-Genesis-Mar06.pdf